The Chronosport is now available to Pre-Order!
Expected to ship out March 2023
The Chronosport is our take on the classic Bi-Compax style chronograph. It is loosely inspired by the integrated-bracelet style sport watches of the 1970's as well as the motorsport origins of the chronograph function.
With the Chronosport, we wanted to take a complex approach to the usually utilitarian and spartan genre of watches that is the bi-compax chronograph. Rather than a traditional single or dual finish case and leather strap, the Chronosport features a medley of different case finishes, layers, and materials.
The case of the Chronosport features a multitude of finishes in alternating applications. The bezel is brushed radially, while the scallops surrounding them are done in a high mirror polished finish. The hooded lugs are finished up-down on the sides with polished triangular center. The crown is knurled with a polished and frosted relief Hourglass motif on the cap. The pushers are brushed on their collars with a polished and frosted relief on their top surfaces. The crown guards are brushed with polished screws holding them in place.
As one can imagine, finishing a case to this level is not a simple task. It took us over a year and mutliple case prototypes to get this right, but we are confident that the crafstmanship that went into the case alone makes this an incredibly distinctive timepiece.
Just like the case, the dial on the Chronosport is an intricate piece of work. Each dial has 3 layers: The base, recessed subdials, and elevated rehault tachymeter ring. In addition, most variants feature polished and raised harware accents and faceted polished applied indices filled with BGW9 Swiss Superluminova.
Keeping with Lesablier tradition, each and every Chronosport is individually numbered on the dial. This means that no two are alike. Only 50 will be made in each color, and every single one will have a different serial number on the dial.
The Chronosport features a variety of attractive and innovative dial colorways. Take a look below at the different choices:
- The "Panda" color scheme has existed on chronograph watches since their inception. A flat white primary dial with PVD black hands, applied indices and dial trim give it the contrast and legibility needed on a chronograph. The subdials, tachymeter and date window are finished in black with bright red accents to give it that little extra pop of color.
- The Evo gets its name because it's an evolution of our original "Ghost" dial on the Sport Classic Moonlight. The acetate dial has just enough translucency to provide a peek behind the dial, but the smoked layer gives it the legibility usually lacking in skeletonized watches.
- The Indigo is the quintessential 1970's watch. With a denim-blue primary dial and date window, white subdials and red accents, it screams retro-70's racetrack.
- Masar Emerald
- The Masar Emerald is our love letter to the Middle East. The emerald green dial has a subtle fumé effect, fading from a darker rim to a lighter center. The numerals, printed in BGW9 lume, are in the Arabic language. The tachymeter bezel, minutes register, date display and 24-hour subdial were kept in English so that non-Arabic readers can still make use of those functionalities.
- The Chronosport Sunrise is our take on the ever-popular "Salmon" dial. The sunburst primary dial is somewhere between of a rich copper color and a light pink, while the subdials, rehault and date window are finished in an espresso-brown.
If you were with us on our Sport Classic campaign, you will remember the Supernova. The Starfield is the spiritual successor to the Supernova, with a primary dial made out of aventurine and subdials out of natural meteorite*. At a starting price of $329, the Starfield is one of the only watches on the market that use both these incredible materials on the dial the same time. The meteorite subdials against the aventurine background are designed to give the appearance of two planets floating in space.
- Case Material:
- 316L Stainless Steel
- Seiko VK64A Mecaquartz
- Sapphire with double-sided AR coating
- Case Size:
- Lug Width:
- Case Thickness:
- Water Resistance:
- 10 ATM/100M
- BGW9 Swiss Superluminova
- Stainless Steel Integrated Bracelet
- Leather strap will be available as an optional extra
- Strap adapter to fit normal straps
- Regular variants: $410
- Starfield: $485
- $50 Off for Pre-Order
- Case Material: